FAT LOSS SECRETS FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

Monday, September 15, 2008

The Man Is Back!

How was your weekend?

If you are anything like me, you were loving the 31 degree Springday on Saturday - summer is on it's way baby!

My weekend was a sporting feast in front of the box:

- Paralympic highlights on Saturday arvo
- Club Rugby Semi on Saturday arvo
- The Bledisloe although it was disappointing to see us go down to the All Blacks again and give up a 10 point second half lead...
- NRL finals- Swans getting touched up (once again, it wasn't all good footy watching)

I also managed to get in some good Aussie Fatblast inspired workout sessions too.

I was feeling flat yesterday morning but still got in and did a boxing session with my girlfriend - it's the only time that she gets to belt me up and trust me, she packs a punch!

I felt awesome after finishing it though and a lot better for sticking it out when I didn't really feel like it at the start.

That's a great lesson there.

Do the workout even if you are feeling a little flat and you will pick up and be the better for it!

But the best news I heard in the last week was the news that the man is back.

Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen, 7 time Tour de France legend Lance Armstrong is getting back on the bike.

To tell you the truth, at first I was a bit surprised to hear that he is making a comeback considering he has nothing left to prove.

I didn't think it was a smart idea to try and get back and mix it with the best after 3 years out of the saddle.

But that was until I heard his reason for making a comeback.

He wants to continue to raise awareness and some extra benjamins for cancer research.

He did some awesome stuff with those yellow Livestrong bracelets a few years ago, so he can obviously raise awareness and continue to raise some good coin.

So, you can't knock the bloke.

I am not going to write him off.

Especially when I went back and dug this quote out that was in his first book "It's Not About The Bike":

"If there is one thing I don't want to hear, it's that I can't do something. Telling me that is the best way to make sure that I'll do it" - Lance Armstrong

It'll be a tough choice deciding who to cheer him or Cadel next year!

Don't let fear hold you back!

No comments: