FAT LOSS SECRETS FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

Monday, March 31, 2008

GET MOTIVATED WITH DPM PERFORMANCE blog ed 22

I am feeling refreshed and raring to go after a nice and relaxing weekend.

I spent yesterday catching up with my best mate and his family. I haven't seen my Godson in ages and he is growing quickly.

While I was out in my old playground, I also had a nice lunch with my mum and sister. A good way to refresh the batteries on a Sunday that's for sure.

I hope you had the chance to do the same.

Those of you who have been reading for a while will realise that I like to tie in a quote with a sport that is kicking off for the year, or is having a big game.

So, seeing as the Netball season kicks off this week, I'll borrow some words from former Australian Netball Captain, Vicky Wilson:

"If you do what you always did, you'll get what you always got"

These words and variations of them have been around for a while, but read them again if you have too.

I know I have had to change things in my life on the way to achieving my goals.

If I didn't then I'll get what I was trying to get away from in the first place.

Sounds simple doesn't it.

Yeah, it does.

So make sure that you look at what things need to change.

It may even be something as small as having daily POSITIVE conversations with yourself instead of that self doubt that goes on in the back of your mind.

Back yourself.

What's the worst thing that could happen?

DPM FOOD ADVICE FOR THE WEEK

Saturday night I decided to splash out and have a cheat meal. I was home alone and thought I'd enjoy something that used to be a favourite of mine back in the day, when I used to eat far more rubbish than I do now.

Anyway, I decided to have a Red Rooster Strip Sub Combo. Definitely not the healthiest choice on the market, but hey, it was my cheat meal.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the strip sub was VERY ordinary. Sure the chips were okay, but it wasn't mouth watering stuff like it used to be.

So what's the valuable lesson to take out of my cheat meal?

First up, I'm human just like you and I like to splash out every now and then.

Secondly, and most important of all, your body has an amazing ability to adapt to something.

Once you take something away from it for a long time, it forgets how good it used to be.

You get used to not having it.

When you do go back and have that one thing, your taste buds have changed and grown accustomed to not having it.

It's the same thing with me and Mars Bars. We used to be best mates, now I haven't touched one in years. Last time I had one it was a waste of a cheat meal.

Smokers are the same.

They cannot stand to be around smokers after being off the smokes for a period.

Your body is an amazing tool that will adapt to the conditions you provide it.

Just like your training sessions.

So, what can you take out of your cheat meal list that doesn't really taste as good as a cheat meal should?

Give it a try and see what happens.

What's your excuse?

Fire UP!

No comments: