FAT LOSS SECRETS FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

Friday, March 28, 2008

YOGA FOR FAT LOSS? GET OUTTA HERE!

I read this article "Yoga the newest mantra for weight loss " the other day and I had to shake my head in disbelief. I know yoga is big in India and more so in the western world these days, but this is taking things too far!

To cut a long story short, a couple of jokers from India want us to believe that by doing yoga you are getting fat loss benefits.

They seem to be convincing the Indian public of this as they are signing up in increasing numbers.

They are citing the facts that more and more obese people are signing up for classes in India and that it is helping them lose weight.

Don't be misguided my friend.

If you have been reading my blog for long enough you'll know that the best way to fat loss is through resistance training and high intensity interval training methods.

Also, if you read further into the article you'll find out the truth:

"it needs to be scientifically proved that yoga could deal with obesity. 'Yoga has been tested to help diabetes and hypertension patients. But there has been no clear-cut study to prove it could tackle excess weight and obesity.'

So don't be a sucker and head to the nearest yoga class for your fat loss regime.

Check out the article for yourself if you are interested
http://www.andhracafe.com/index.php?m=show&id=32591

Follow the advice below and you'll get there a lot faster!

DPM WORKOUT CORNER

People often ask what I do for my training.

Well, this is what I'll be doing as soon as I'm done posting here...

Remember the old Motley Crue song Kickstart My Heart? Well that was a favourite of mine back in the day, and it reminded me of what happened when I tried this circuit I made up a few weeks ago.

I need to get a quick workout in this arvo, so you can bet this is what I'll be doing when I head downstairs and put some tunes on!

Kickstart My Heart
50 Star Jumps
50 Spiderman Twists
50 Sprinters Shuffles
50 Body Blasts
REPEAT x 2

Doesn't sound like much - give it a shot. Most people find 10 body blasts tough work so try doing 50 each set!

Now I don't know about you, but I'm shutting this thing down and getting outside to kickstart my heart!

No comments: