FAT LOSS SECRETS FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

Monday, February 9, 2009

Leave Some Dents

First of all, I want to express my sympathies for those who have lost their lives, their families and their homes during those terrible bushfires in Victoria.

108 lives and still counting lost in one weekend is terrible. It just keeps on getting worse every time you turn on the news.

I am currently reading Johan Bruyneel's book "We Might As Well Win". For those who don't know of Johan, he is Lance Armstrong's coach and team leader. He is the brains trust behind Lance's seven Tour de France wins.

The book is a great read even though I'm less than 100 pages into it. If you're a cycling fan you'll love the inside knowledge behind Lance and the tour.

One thing I did not know about Johan was that his Dad passed away at 53 from a massive heart attack, just like mine. 2 weeks after that Johan was riding in his first Tour de France as a tribute to his Dad and even won a stage and dedicated it to him.

So far the biggest thing that sticks out for me is one of his chapters "Leave Some Dents".

Basically that is Johan's way of saying that you need to make your impact on life while you are here.

You don't know when it's going to be taken from you, much like those caught in the fires on the weekend.

Leaving dents means making your mark.

Leaving dents means you might brush some people up the wrong way some of the time. That's life. Get on with it.

What can you do to leave your mark.

I'm leaving my dent by producing fat loss for busy professionals.

I'd love to hear your answer in the comments below.

No comments: