FAT LOSS SECRETS FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

Monday, November 10, 2008

Keep Your Head Up

I got a blast from the past yesterday. I was back at my Mum's house cleaning out a box from under my old bed.

I was surprised by some of the stuff that was in there. I mean I can't believe I actually saved some of that rubbish thinking that one day I might need it.

One thing in particular that I was looking for was a box with a bunch of tapes in there - you are old enough to remember tapes aren't you?

I used to have literally hundreds of these suckers. I spent my youth listening to tunes whenever I could.

One of those tapes I found was from an old 2Pac song - Keep Your Head Up.

Don't laugh - that stuff is great!

It seemed appropriate considering that as we speak people are getting the tap on the shoulder saying that they are no longer needed at their company due to restructuring.

If you, or someone who you love is affected by the downsizing here is something that you should remember:

“Circumstances do not make the man. They merely reveal him to himself” – Epictetus, Roman Philosopher

People, myself included here, learn the most about themselves when they are under adversity.

I can honestly say that I wouldn't be the person that I am today if a massive life altering wake up call hadn't have happened to me 3 and a half years ago.

Who knows where I would have ended up. I just know that I wouldn't be doing what I am doing now.

While this death of a loved one knocked me off my feet I realised that I could take it as a wake up call or whinge about how life sucked and how hard done by we were.

I chose to use it as inspiration.

I hope you and your loved ones to do whenever your second chance comes around.

Don't let fear hold you back!

No comments: