FAT LOSS SECRETS FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

WOULD YOU LIKE A BACK INJURY WITH THAT?

Sometimes I see things in my job that excite me - such as someone finally losing the body fat that has been troubling them for years or being able to do a push up on their toes when they have convinced themselves that they could not do so.

Sometimes I see things in my job that motivate me - such as someone overcoming adversity to achieve something they never thought they could.

Sometimes I see things in my job that just make me cringe and feel for the poor bugger that is the victim.

Take this morning for example.

I was doing one of my Ultimate Fatblast Experience sessions at Observatory Hill and there were a few other groups on the hill doing their regular sessions.

I see the same trainers all the time.

Some are great.

Some of them make me sick and I feel sorry for the people who are in their class.

I don't say this to make me sound superior to everyone else out there.

I am confident in my job and know that if I am giving you something - it is the right way.

I say this so that people like you who may have been in these bad situations can realise that not everyone is a cowboy.

We actually watch what our clients are doing.

We actually show them correct form.

We actually make sure you will not be doing your back in and seeing a physio for the next 6 months.

So what was it that I actually witnessed?

There was a group doing some fitness drills and 2 people were doing swings - one of my favourite exercises.

What horrified me was that the trainer was standing right next to these 2 people watching them as they bend forward to an almost parallel position to the ground.

Gee, I could almost hear their vertebrae screaming in protest as it was crunching and compressing all the way throughout the movement.

While a swing is a superb exercise (one of the best) for targeting your butt, hamstrings and even strengthening your lower back muscles - the whole posterior chain of your body, it is essential that correct form is practiced for every movement.

I may sound like a broken record sometimes when I am showing my clients how to do these but at least you are doing them right, and more importantly, you will live to train another session with your back intact.

Seeing as most of you reading this spend your days at your desk in an office, your lower back is a precious area.

It has the strain of being compressed all day while you are sitting without adding to it during your training sessions.

If anyone happens to stumble across this article and are not one of my clients, make sure that your trainer actually shows you the right way to do a swing and if something doesn't feel right then chances are it isn't!

To see how a swing should be performed correctly, please view the video below.



If you receive this as an email, please visit here

PS - I'll be launching my DPM Transformation contest tomorrow so stay tuned!

What's your excuse?

Fire UP!

No comments: