FAT LOSS SECRETS FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

Monday, April 28, 2008

WHAT'S IN YOUR TROLLEY? GET MOTIVATED blog ed 26

You gotta love long weekends - especially Anzac Day long weekends. Have you read my post from last Thursday? If you are reading this and are not Australian or a Kiwi, check it out for sure. Just scroll down after you read this.

Personally, I loved the chance to spend time with my girlfriends family and my family after my brother returned home after spending 16 months working in Turkey.

It was great to catch up with him again, and yes... I even enjoyed a few beers too!

I was going to write about something else today but I've just got back from doing the grocery shopping and wanted to share this with you.

I was waiting in a long shopping line and after seeing the magazine covers of the womens magazines at the checkout (I wasn't really interested in why Britney looked fat in her bikini), I started checking out the contents of other peoples trolleys.

Call me nosey, but hey, it's my job to see what people are doing.

Anyway, this bloke in front of me was the anti-poster guy for what should be in your trolley.

Check out some of the stuff that was in there:

* Frozen Pizza
* Frozen TV Dinners
* Coke
* Dorito Corn Chips
* Tim Tam Chocolate Biscuits
* Tinned mushrooms

Where did he go wrong?

NO fresh fruit and vege, (tinned mushrooms don't really count for me) and plenty of stuff in a box

What's a better option?

Stick to the outsides of the store.

Fresh fruit and vege is always on the outside.

The only time I ventured outside of this was to get some nuts (unsalted of course) and seeds.

I was pretty happy with the contents of the trolley when I was at the checkout. No processed rubbish, no soft drinks, no chips, no stuff that is marketed as 'health foods' such as high sugar breakfast cereal.

As a side note, I got myself some rice porridge for my breakfast this week.

Pretty much as unprocessed as you can get - brown rice, some sultanas and dried fruit (not perfect) but that's it.

I got into it last week and it goes alright. Filling and tasty, especially when you throw on some Flax Seed Oil and fruit on top.

So, what's in your trolley?

I hope it is not the first option!

What's your excuse?

Get out and make it a great week!

Fire UP!

PS - I'm live on You Tube - check out DPMperformance tv channel - more videos to be uploaded soon

No comments: