FAT LOSS SECRETS FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

Thursday, April 24, 2008

LEST WE FORGET

Tomorrow marks 93 years since a bunch of Aussie and Kiwi soldiers - know as ANZACS - landed on foreign soil at Gallipoli not knowing the onslaught they were about to go through.

We were on a hiding to nothing.

These blokes were a lot younger than me, most of them still teenagers.

These blokes gave their lives so we can have what we have today.

I know I am thankful for their sacrifices.

That's why Anzac Day is more than just a public holiday.

It is a chance to reflect on what people sacrificed so we can have a better life.

I encourage you to take some time tomorrow and be thankful for what you have and for what those who came before us gave up.

I will be fortunate enough to visit Gallipoli in late May to pay my respects.

If you see an old digger at the pub, buy him a beer.

No comments: