FAT LOSS SECRETS FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

Monday, April 14, 2008

GET MOTIVATED WITH DPM PERFORMANCE blog ed 24

Last week I had a few challenges to get through.

I found out a family member has some health issues to deal with. The next day my computer died on me and left me dry. To get the trifecta I had a car accident on the way home from my last session on Monday night.

While it was a challenging three days, I knew I couldn't go round kicking the can all week and whingeing about how tough life is.

I figured, in the scheme of things, that they are all minor issues that should not get in the way of where I am heading.

Sure, it was frustrating, but it wasn't the end of the world.

People have to go through a lot more harder issues than that on a daily basis.

This was a speed hump I had to get over, not a mountain the size of Everest.

Why I am I relieving last weeks incidents for you?

Everyone has tough times.

Sure, I could do without all of that happening at once.

The beauty is how you deal with the situation.

You can turn it up and sulk and say the world is conspiring against me.

Or you can shrug your shoulders, dust yourself off and get on with life.

So in the spirit of things, I found these words from platform speaker Cavett Robert:

"If you don’t think every day is a good day, try missing one"

Pretty spot on right?

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Do you want to know the secret to living an extra 10 years?

An article from January 2008 shows a UK study that suggested not smoking, being active, eating enough fruit and vegetables and drinking only moderate amounts of alcohol can increase lifespan by an average of 10 years compared to people who do none of these things

Yeah, I know I'm not giving you any ground breaking information here.

It just goes to show how simple it is to increase your life span.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it all out.

Eat good, live clean (or cleaner than you're living now) and you can enjoy the extra 10 years with your kids and grandkids.

The report says "By focussing on four simple health behaviours, as a combination, the researchers hoped to motivate people to make the small changes that can make a big difference to their lives".

Don't think it's worth it? Try going and asking someone who has been given months or weeks to live if they'd like an extra 10 years here!

If you want to read the full article click here

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/93347.php

What's your excuse?

Fire UP!

No comments: