FAT LOSS SECRETS FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lance, The Silver Medalist and the Rock

What a weekend!

For those of you who didn't know I went to Adelaide to watch the Tour Down Under and of course see Lance Armstrong - the man that I have wanted to see in action for a long time.

I thought I had missed the boat on that opportunity when he retired in 2005, so when I found out he was making his comeback to racing in Adelaide I knew I just had to be there.

So we headed on over to the City of Churches.

I got to have my photo taken with Lance's bike and I also got to meet and have a good chat to the champion Australian cyclist Anna Mears.

If you are not familiar with Anna's story, she broke her neck in a bad bike fall last January then came back just in time for the Beijing Olympic Games to take out an inspirational silver medal!

See both of my happy snaps below.





But the biggest news of the whole trip was that I proposed to my girlfriend. Yeah even Lance got brushed for this news as the highlight of the trip!

Some would say it's about time but I thought the timing was perfect as not many people expected me to do it when this weekend was supposed to be all about Lance (my sister picked it though.)

That was all just on Friday too!

We had a great wine and cheese tasting tour on Saturday, saw some of the tour and Sunday was Lance day.

It was awesome to see the man in action riding around the streets of Adelaide.

I was able to cross off some of my biggest life goals this weekend (seeing Lance race and of course the highlight of the proposal) which brings me to my words of inspiration for today:

“Nothing is impossible to a willing heart” – John Heywood, 16th Century English Poet

Lance proved that at 37 he is not too old to make a comeback and compete with the best in the business.

Set your goals, dream about them and make em happen.

2 comments:

Rylan Duggan RK, CSCS said...

Congratulations my friend! Well done!

I wish you and your lovely fiance all the best. This is great news!

Rylan

Anonymous said...

thanks Rylan, I appreciate it mate!