FAT LOSS SECRETS FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

Monday, August 25, 2008

My Special Gift To You Today

How are you feeling today?

Post weekend blues?

Feeling great and refreshed and ready to take on the week?

I feel great. I had a great time catching up with family on the weekend, had an early night last night and when the 'opportunity clock' woke me up at 4:40am this morning I was feeling ready to roll.

I love it when I can get up at that time and not feel like all I'd rather do is sleep in. It makes me much more productive.

If you keep on reading right to the end, I will promise I'll make it worth your while, so enjoy my thoughts for the day and I hope you like my little present for you.

Now that the Olympics has wrapped up for another 4 years, I'd like to share with you my 2 favourite moments.

1 of them a gold medal moment and 1 a close second.

1 of them involves an Aussie, the other a bloke from another country that I've never even heard of - in fact to this day I can't even tell you his name.

Everyone has been talking and writing about the exploits of Phelps and Bolt and co. Now while I think Phelps is a legend and a freak, and Bolt, well call me suspicious on that one but that is a story for another day.

So I decided to share my 2 favourite Olympic moments that most mainstream people may have missed.

My first special memory and favourite moment I didn't even see live unfortunately.

You may have seen it yourself but unfortunately I just saw the highlights.

It involved a German weightlifter. A massive unit of a guy.

The sort of guy who could more than likely out eat any other athlete in the village -even Michael Phelps and his reputed 12,000 calories a day on his heavy training days.

The sort of guy who could probably clean and jerk a bus.

This bloke if you missed it won gold despite losing his wife of 3 years in a car crash just last year.

Can you imagine how that would throw your Olympic preparation into disarray?

Can you imagine how it would throw your life totally upside down, let alone just your Olympic preparation?

The big fella's name is Mattias Steiner - I just googled his name.

There he was standing on the medal dias collecting his medal with tears streaming down his face and clutching a photo of his wife.

The second one, as I said, involved an Aussie. She didn't win gold, but that is besides the point.

In January of this year cyclist Ana Mears was 2mm away - yes 2mm! - from severing her spinal cord in her neck.

That more than likely would've left Ana as a quadriplegic.

Ana broke her neck as well as suffering a handful of other injuries that I don't need to go into here.

Needless to say, this should have ended her Olympic dream.

But people forgot about Ana's fighting spirit.

They forgot that the Athens gold medalist wasn't going down without a fight.

She busted her butt in rehab.

She busted her butt in the gym.

She busted her butt on the track.

She made it to the games and most people could probably forgive her if she just put her feet up and cruised through thinking "I made it. That'll do me".

Not Ana.

She rode awesome and collected a silver medal for us, only going down to an English girl in the final.

There are two touching moments that stood out for me.

That is what sport is about my friends.

That is what life is about.

Cherishing every moment you have and appreciating all that you have.

Never giving up, no matter what the odds are that are stacked in front of you.

Now, for my special gift to you that I teased you with earlier.

I was lucky enough to score an interview with the World's Busiest Dad - Chris Lopez, the author of the Super Fit Dad Program for busy dads.

Chris is going to share with me some great secrets of his including:

* His # 1 fat loss tip

* His # 1 exercise to burn body fat every time

* A great lunch tip that everyone should know

plus many more great secrets.

It is roughly 40 minutes of no-holds barred information.

Download it to your Ipod or burn it to CD and listen to it on your way to work tomorrow.

Even if you are one of my female readers, this is still essential tips that you can get for yourself or even for your man.

You can find the interview with Chris Lopez
here

You can find out more about Chris by checking out http://www.superfitdad.com

Happy listening!

What's your excuse?
Fire UP!

No comments: