FAT LOSS SECRETS FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm Loving these Games

I don't know about you but I am loving the Olympics. Yesterdays most inspiring action for me was not a gold medal win, even though Stephanie Rice swam awesome in her World Record performance, but a bronze medal.

The Womens 4 x 100m Freestyle relay were getting towelled up - coming second last for most of the race to end up coming home faster than Makybe Diva down the straight at Flemington and score third place. That was inspiring.

Even though the games are only a couple of days in, I could quite easily sit in front of the tv and watch the inspiring efforts all day.

But that would get me nowhere right.

I gotta work on my own inspiration.

So I was looking around for an Olympic theme to share with you today.

Sticking with this Olympic theme, I found these words from American Author and Speaker Dr Denis Waitley. They are very timely and right on the mark for anyone who wants to succeed in their 'Olympic Games'.

“In the Olympic Games, the difference between the gold-medal winner in the 100m dash and 4th place, non-medal winner is less than two-tenths of a second.

What’s true in sports is also true in our business and personal lives. There is only a fractional difference between winners in life and those who merely exist. The difference is attitude under pressure. It’s the winner’s edge.

The edge is not a gifted birth. The world is full of wasted talent.
The edge is not academic degrees. Education is important, but the world is full of educated misfits.

The edge is not luck. If it were, Las Vegas would be a ghost town.

The edge is not capital. Many of today’s self-made multi-millionaires started building their fortunes with under $5000.

The edge is all attitude. Attitude, not aptitude, is the criterion for success”


Enough said.

Get your attitude set and watch as you claim your own goal.

What's your excuse?
Fire UP!

No comments: