FAT LOSS SECRETS FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

Monday, December 1, 2008

New Wheels n Healthy Meals

This was a pretty action packed weekend that I’ve just had and I’ll give you quick run down ‘cause I’m still a little excited I guess!

I picked up my new set of wheels on Friday morning, just in time for the drive up the coast to Nelson Bay where I spent the weekend with my family.

It was a present for my mum’s 60th which was pretty cool. She had a ball and loved spending time with my little niece the most. We got brushed for her most of the time (just joking mum if you see this!).

For once I actually looked forward to driving the 2.5hrs up north in the new car even though it was pouring down rain for most of the way.

I'll make sure I post a photo on here in the next few days. After taking the last 3 days off work, I've got a pile of stuff waiting for me to chew through - the beauty of being your own boss.

But I ain't complaining one bit!

We stopped half way up the F3 for a rest and a snack. I hadn't packed enough food so I went into the servo expecting a choice of not much at all when it comes to something that actually resembles food and not just a chocolate bar.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had a whole section of nuts and other types of healthier snack options like the bounce protein balls.

Although they aren't the best things in the world compared to the usual protein bars that are just candy really these things don't have too many nasties so they were a nice little snack that filled me up for the rest of the trip.

On the way home yesterday we had a nice lunch stop at a place called Oliver's which sells gluten free foods and other whole-foods that actually look edible.

It definitely beats the Maccas stop as the only option like in the old days.

Check it out next time you are on the F3.

I got some great feedback from my post last week on gratitude. I’m glad you enjoyed it because after posting it I realised I had a few more things that I left off so I decided to write part 2.

I added to it on my Aussie Fatblast blog below if you want to check it out:

http://www.aussiefatblast.blogspot.com/

Now, the words I've found for you today are from renowned author and speaker, Jim Rohn

"Be like a sponge when it comes to each new experience. If you want to be able to express it well, you must first be able to absorb it well."

Don't let fear hold you back!

Go on, make it a great week

No comments: