FAT LOSS SECRETS FOR THE BUSY PROFESSIONAL. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

Monday, December 3, 2007

GET MOTIVATED WITH DPM PERFORMANCE! blog ed. 7

I am loving this weather over the last 2 days after all this rain! Glad to see that summer is here for today at least!

I hope you had a great weekend and made the most of your time. I tell you, after running around the world and weddings, christenings etc over the last couple of weeks I enjoyed relaxing yesterday and spending some quiet time at home for a change.

Now that we are into the cricket season, I thought I'd use some lines from one of my favourite players, who unfortunately is not playing test cricket anymore. Justin Langer was the typical battler who worked harder than most to achieve what he did during his career.

His book "The Power of Passion" is an awesome read for anyone who is interested in biographies. Even if you are not a cricket fan, I'd be surprised if you don't enjoy this one.

This is one of his pearlers “Dream and don’t be afraid to dream BIG. Not matter what, don’t let anyone steal your dreams from you”.

Here's my two cents worth: Don't be afraid to tell people your dreams, especially the big ones. It helps keep you accountable.

And to prove that I practice what I preach, I'm going to share my big dream with you.

After being at my seminar in West Palm Beach recently I had one of those lightning bolt moments where you know you are onto something big. I have started developing a product that will see me take on the US market! It is going to be massive! So that's my big dream. To create this product (which I'm keeping under my hat at this time), get some of the industries biggest names on board with bonuses, launch it, and see it take over the North American fitness market!

So stay tuned as next year I will be launching it and I have put it out there so you guys can help keep me accountable.

Don't be afraid to write a comment under this blog posting and tell me what your big dream is. Then we can work together to help keep each other accountable.

Don't let fear hold you back!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Instead of my usual article on nutriton, I was in a writing mood this morning, so thought I'd give you some advice, which I am sure you've heard before, but it is always good to get some reinforcement.

DON’T DROP YOUR GUARD

The festive season is the time where everybody starts to relax and wind down after a busy year. The reasons are everywhere – Christmas shopping, Christmas parties, office drinks. You name it there is an excuse somewhere to eat whatever you want and drink too much.

Every action always has a consequence is what we have always been told since we were little. This is no different. The belt buckle usually goes out a notch or two, that loose fitting top is getting more like lycra each week, the energy levels have slumped and the kids are hypo.

Don’t forget the kids eating habits at this time of year as well. Too many soft drinks, lollies, cakes etc will only have them running around like crazy on a massive sugar high. I wouldn’t want to be in your house when you have a few of them on their high!

So my challenge to you is don’t drop your guard. Sure, have fun at this time of year. You don’t have to be a party pooper. But remember if you want to be feeling great come January 1 you have to step up your training regime, don’t let it slide.

If you know you have a big night out planned, add in an extra session that week. Maybe even do a morning and an afternoon session on a particular day. Go into your special function knowing that you can enjoy yourself because you have done your homework during the week.

And as you would say to your kids, if you haven’t done your homework you can’t have any desert!


Get out and make it a great week!

What's your excuse?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Daniel

Thanks for your blog. Very inspirational. Although I don't always comment, I find your passion for fitness very uplifting. Keep em coming! I feel like I'm back on track with my training...among my big dreams, is to complete four sprint triathlons this season - that is one a month from January through to April. Thanks for the motivation Daniel!

Amanda Jones